Julien Meyer wines
- 10 ha
- No added sulphites
- Sylvaner , Pinot Blanc, Gris & Noir, Muscat , Riesling , Gewurztraminer
Julien Meyer Estate: looking for minerality
The Julien Meyer estate, located halfway between Strasbourg and Colmar, is an emblematic estate for natural wines in Alsace. The kind that everyone should taste at least once in their life…!
Some key dates:
- 1982: Patrick Mayer takes over the family estate.
- 1990: Conversion of the estate to organic farming.
- 1993: He minimizes the doses of sulfur (today he does not use any at all).
- 1999: The estate obtains the Demeter label (Biodynamics).
The domain and the wines of Patrick Meyer
The wine estate is located at an altitude of 250m, on soils of gneiss, clay, schist and sand. Patrick Meyer, defining himself as farmer as winemaker, looks for minerality and the expression of the terroir in his wines. With the least rainy climate in France, maturation is slower and more uneven, so he has chosen to vinify each plot separately.
- 67680 Nothalten
- +33 388 926 015